Monday 14 January 2008

Miss Austen Regrets Preview!

A very big thank you to Boris for once again pointing us in the direction of spoils and sending us the link to a two-and-a-half minute clip of Miss Austen Regrets from the PBS Jane Austen website. The blurb reads:

"The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love."— Jane Austen in Sense and Sensibility

Approaching her fortieth birthday, Jane Austen (Olivia Williams, Emma, The Sixth Sense) appears happily unmarried. When asked by her young niece Fanny (Imogen Poots) to help her vet potential husbands, Jane's confident composure is threatened as she finds herself looking back on her own potential suitors and the choices she has made. Could potential family financial ruin have been averted if she'd accepted the proposal of a wealthy landowner? And what about the handsome young physician Jane meets as a result of a family illness?

Based on the life and letters of Jane Austen, Miss Austen Regrets tells the story of the novelist's final years, examining why, despite setting the standard for romantic fiction, she died having never married or met her own Mr. Darcy.

A YouTuber has uploaded the clip here but I am unable to open the clip. I'll embed it when I manage to open it. ;)

So, opinions? (I will venture mine in the comment box, maybe under an alias, so that Team Jane do not toss me all the way to Mexico ... ;)

Miss Austen Regrets will air in the USA on February 3


Pic 1: Olivia Williams as Jane Austen from: BBC
Pic 2: Imogen Poots as Fanny from: Dailymail

No comments: