Sunday 16 June 2013

Tom Lefroy Quote of the Week 30

A bust statue of the older Tom Lefroy
This weekend on June 16, 2013 we have Father's Day once again here in the U.S., so I thought it would be nice to quote something "fatherly" about Tom.
 
This quote is taken from the "Memoir of Chief Justice Lefroy" by his son, Thomas Lefroy, M.A., Q.C.  You can read the Memoir online HERE.    Here is the first sentence of the Memoir written by his son, Thomas, himself:
 
The following Memoir of the Right Honourable Thomas Langlois Lefroy, late Chief Justice of Ireland, has been written, not so much as a record of his public career as of those traits of character which, in private life, endeared him to all who had the privilege of enjoying his society; and in the hope that the bright example he has left behind, in the unswerving consistency of his political principles, the simplicity of his Christian faith, and his deep humility, may be blessed to many who knew him not while here.
 
Yrs aff'ly,
Linda the Librarian

3 comments:

April D said...

It seemed appropriate that I should just say THANK YOU for all the effort and inspiration you pour into this blog. My three daughters and I have found so much joy and information from you since my eldest began her "all things Jane" fascination two years ago.
Thanks for the beauty and the meditative quality of your content!
~april

Rachel said...

April your comment is much appreciated and made me feel very happy reading it this morning. I always feel very guilty as I would love to dedicate more time to this blog but sadly other things always zap up any free time I have. So comments like yours renew my energy and I am so happy your daughters can get something from it. Where are you writing from?

Icha said...

Dear April,

I echo Rachel's sentiment here: thank you very much for writing the encouraging words for us. God knows Rachel and I slip at times, with relapses etc, but we (including Linda Fern) still try to maintain the blog, six years after Becoming Jane's airing. Glad to know that the blog is still useful!

sincerely,
Icha