Monday 14 September 2009

P & P Tours ... Sleep in Lizzie's Bed!

My sister, knowing my Austen-mania, sent me the link to the Pride and Prejudice Location Tours, and I couldn't resist sharing it. If I was ever in the UK, I know what I'd be signing up for ... pop over and have a look!

Tour guides 'author and Jane Austen expert Helen Wilkinson', and Maddy Hall, an 'authority on the BBC production' offer a range of Austen-adaptation tours, with a focus on the BBC productions (they are also offering an upcoming Wives & Daughters tour for Gaskell fans / Jane Eyre (!) tour for fans
of the recent BBC mini-series ...). On the intinerary for 2010 are a 4-day Pride & Prejudice tour, a Sense & Sensibility (Emma Thompson adaptation) tour, Emma 2009 tour, and Persuasion (1995), among others.


The Pride & Prejudice tour includes:

Meryton village, Bell at ‘Bromley’ & Meryton Assembly rooms, Longbourn and the church, Netherfield and Darcy’s London, Hunsford Parsonage, Rosings, Pemberley Interior, Lambton and Lizzie’s Derbyshire, Pemberley Exterior. Upgrade to stay in the actual filming locations used in the BBC production, (including Lizzie’s bedroom with the decor unchanged, and the shelves in the closet fitted by Lady Catherine herself!) A happy thought indeed.

Seriously, how cool is that?! 'A happy thought, indeed...'


Pic 1: Lizzie at Longbourne (albeit sadly not appearing in the tour ...) from: MyPride&Prejudice.com
Pic 2: Lizzie at Pemberley from: Jim&Ellen.com

5 comments:

mamma jakeline said...

aw why don't I live in UK?! Or why don't I have the money to go. I have a standing invitation from a friend to stay with her... Oh well, some other time.

Been a busy bee of late. Started a new blog, for you interested in blogdesign check out http://jakelinelikestoscrap.blogspot.com And then beeing a mom to a little rascal who's suddenly everywhere!

Hugs and kisses from Maria in Sweden

Icha said...

Wow... Rachel, we go there when I finally manage to visit UK, yeah? Promise!

Maria, congrats on the baptist and the blog. Very pretty blog, I must say!

Sanita said...

I've always thought it would be great to visit thoses places. If I happen to be in UK, I'll try to do that. :)

mamma jakeline said...

Icha, thanks! I'm really proud of it! :) Very pretty indeed. Oh, Éomer is not baptised. And will not be either. Poor chap's lost to the dark side for ever. ;) It was our friends' son who got baptised this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I wanna go! How Perfect! Thanks for posting Michelle.

Yrs aff'ly,
Linda the Librarian