Sunday 20 October 2013

Jane Austen Quote of the Week 249

The Loiterer, available from Amazon
Dear Readers, first let me quote from James Austen's "The Loiterer" No. 9 where I believe is a letter to the Editor written by Jane herself:
 
You must know, Sir, I am a great reader, and not to mention some hundred volumes of Novels and Plays, have, in the last two summers, actually got through all the entertaining papers of our most celebrated periodical writers, from the Tatler and Spectator to the Microcosm and the Olla Podrida.
 
I wish to recommend some excellent books written by my friend, Linden Salter, for our Great Readers here at Becoming Jane.
 
Here are the titles of her 3 books:  The Lady and the Luddite, The Major's Minion, and Freedom in my Love.  You can find the descriptions and links to purchase them at her web site here:  Linden Salter
 
I was honored to offer a few suggestions during the writing of Freedom in my Love and Linden was kind enough to mention my name on the Acknowlegements page.  That was a "first" for me.
 
Linden is now working on having her latest book published as a e-book.  I am so looking forward to that one.  Oh, and her special interest is the French Revolution.  Enjoy!
 
Yrs aff'ly,
Linda the Librarian

No comments: