I posted a trivia quiz this time last week. I hope you all enjoyed it.
1. Of the following characters, who was fictional and who existed:
o Mrs Ann Radcliffe- REAL
o Mr Wisley- FICTIONAL (but based on the real Mr Bigg-Wither)
o Henry Austen- REAL
o Cousin Eliza de Feuillide- REAL
o Lady Gresham- FICTIONAL
o Benjamin Langlois- REAL
3. Which year did Mr George Austen (Jane’s father) die?
4. Name Jane’s six novels in the order that they were published.
Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814), Emma (1815), Northanger Abbey and Persuasion (both 1817)
Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
6. At the end of the film when she is reading an extract from one of her novels to the young Jane Lefroy, which novel is the extract from (clue: see post within the last week)?
Pride and Prejudice
7. Whilst at dinner with Tom’s uncle during their visit to London, Eliza describes how her husband was killed. Was he:- Hung- Guillotined- Missing, presumed dead- Drowned- Died of Cholera
8. What colour was the dress that Jane was wearing at the second ball when herself and Tom shared their first kiss?
9. When Tom returns to Hampshire after news has broke that he is engaged to someone else, where does Jane learn that Mary, Tom’s new fiancé, is from in Ireland?
10. Which character from a Jane Austen novel is Lady Gresham supposedly modelled upon?
Lady Catherine from Pride and Prejudice
11. Which award did Becoming Jane win at the People’s Choice Awards?
Favourite Independent Movie
12. In the film, who sent the letter to the Judge telling him about Tom’s intentions to marry Jane and consequently ruining their chances of being together?
John Warren (friend of the Austen family)
13. What exactly does Tom say to Jane:- “I love you Jane, with all my heart and soul!”- “I'm yours, Jane, heart and soul!”- “You’re mine, Jane, heart and soul!”- “We are bound Jane, heart and soul!”
14. When Tom arrives in Hampshire, Jane is reading a speech in celebration of which special event?
The engagement of her sister, Cassandra, to Thomas Fowle
Playing the piano
16. What does Jane read which prompts her to change her mind and return home to Steventon after Tom and herself had decided to elope?
A letter from Tom’s family thanking him for the money that he sent them on a regular basis
17. How did Jane communicate with her brother George?
18. What did George Austen (Jane’s father) do for a living?
Rector at Steventon parish
19. What was the name of the wood that Jane met Tom whilst they were both taking a walk?
20. Which of Jane’s novels was influenced most by the work of Mrs Ann Radcliffe?
Northanger Abbey- due to its gothic nature
Pic 1: Jane and Tom
Pic 2: Jane Writing
Pic 3: Tom and Jane dancing
Pic 4: Jane Reading
Pic 5: Tom In Selbourne Wood
Pic 6: In Love