I thought that it would be nice to do a 20-question trivia quiz for our faithful fans who love the film, Becoming Jane, as much as us.
- Mrs Ann Radcliffe
- Mr Wisley
- Henry Austen
- Cousin Eliza de Feuillide
- Lady Gresham
- Benjamin Langlois (Tom’s uncle)
3. Which year did Mr George Austen (Jane’s father) die?
4. Name Jane’s six novels in the order that they were published.
6. At the end of the film when she is reading an extract from one of her novels to the young Jane Lefroy, which novel is the extract from (clue: see post within the last week)?
7. Whilst at dinner with Tom’s uncle during their visit to London, Eliza describes how her husband was killed. Was he:
- Missing, presumed dead
- Died of Cholera
8. What colour was the dress that Jane was wearing at the second ball when herself and Tom shared their first kiss?
9. When Tom returns to Hampshire after news has broke that he is engaged to someone else, where does Jane learn that Mary, Tom’s new fiancé, is from in Ireland?
10. Which character from a Jane Austen novel is Lady Gresham supposedly modelled upon?
11. Which award did Becoming Jane win at the People’s Choice Awards?
12. In the film, who sent the letter to the Judge telling him about Tom’s intentions to marry Jane and consequently ruining their chances of being together?
13. What exactly does Tom say to Jane:
- “I love you Jane, with all my heart and soul!”
- “I'm yours, Jane, heart and soul!”
- “You’re mine, Jane, heart and soul!”
- “We are bound Jane, heart and soul!”
14. When Tom arrives in Hampshire, Jane is reading a speech in celebration of which special event?
15. What is Jane doing in the opening scene of the film?
16. What does Jane read which prompts her to change her mind and return home to Steventon after Tom and herself had decided to elope?
17. How did Jane communicate with her brother George?
18. What did George Austen (Jane’s father) do for a living?
19. What was the name of the wood that Jane met Tom whilst they were both taking a walk?
20. Which of Jane’s novels was influenced most by the work of Mrs Ann Radcliffe?