Sunday 10 April 2011

Jane Austen Quote of the Week 147

This week's quote was, once more, taken from Pride & Prejudice. Chapter 18 of Volume III (Chapter 60) in which Elizabeth and Darcy had confessed their love towards each other and Lizzy wrote a letter to Mrs Gardiner.

``I would have thanked you before, my dear aunt, as I ought to have done, for your long, kind, satisfactory, detail of particulars; but to say the truth, I was too cross to write. You supposed more than really existed. But now suppose as much as you chuse; give a loose to your fancy, indulge your imagination in every possible flight which the subject will afford, and unless you believe me actually married, you cannot greatly err.''

The context of this week's quote is the bolded phrase. Indulge your imagination in every possible flight. I feel it very relatable to me, for I had several problems last week (among others the final break down of my personal laptop) which made me cry big time today (well, not because of the laptop). But I felt better afterwards and started to look forward for better days. As my partner wisely put: when you have a bad day, just know that tomorrow will definitely be better.

Well, let's hope so. And that's what imagination is for.


Pic: found it over the internet last year, but I was careless not to note the source. Will search for it later... my apologies...

2 comments:

jakeline said...

I love that qoute, and I love that Darcy wrote that to his aunt!

Sorry for not making a new calender... But will make one for May, promise.

hugs and kisses from Maria in Sweden

mamma jakeline said...

Hey girls... I question. Got a comment on a model pic I took the other week. My friend thinks I look kinda like JA in this pic. what do you think? :P

http://eomer08.bilddagboken.se/p/show.html?id=487638958

Hope you all are well... I've only one more month to go... :P

hugs and kisses from Maria in Sweden.