Sunday, 16 February 2014

Jane Austen Quote of the Week 261

As it is valentines weekend I have chosen a favourite quote from Captain Wentworth's letter to Anne Elliott in Persuasion:

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago."

Never give up on true love and always have hope.

Happy Valentines Day to you all.

Pic: Anne Elliott and Captain Wentworth


Icha said...

Beautiful quote, my dearest Rachel. Happy Valentine to you too, and Linda, and all... and let's always have faith in Love...

Linda Fern said...

Love, Yes Indeed ! Lately I have been running into all these articles/blogs promoting LOVE FOR ALL ! I do believe in it. So, Icha, you said "let's always have faith in Love" and for me that means for not only my mate but everybody !!